Kunlexloaded | Entertainment | Webmaster | Info Portal
Login Or Register The New Features

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login Or Register The New Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Java app: Opera mini 4.21.jar
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 9:26 am by Adminkunlex

» Java app: Oxford English Dictionary 240x320.jar
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 9:24 am by Adminkunlex

» Pastor Lines Up Bachelors In Church, Asks Single Ladies To Select For Marriage (Video)
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 6:14 am by Adminkunlex

» Watch The Moment Portable Went Crazy At An Event
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:28 pm by Adminkunlex

» Jimi Odukoya Steals The Show At Woman King's Movie Premiere
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:21 pm by Adminkunlex

» Jimi Odukoya Steals The Show At Woman King's Movie Premiere
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:21 pm by Adminkunlex

» Asthmatic Boy Collapses As Police Invade A Church In Delta (Video)
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:15 pm by Adminkunlex

» Ernest Obi: Any Man Who Doesn’t Sexually Satisfy His Partner Should Be Locked Up
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 1:57 pm by Adminkunlex

» Pastor Tobi, Davido, Zlatan Pray And Dine With Eniola Badmus On Her Birthday
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 7:07 pm by Adminkunlex

» BBNaija: Eloswag's Mother Begs Nigerians To Vote For Him (Photos, Video)
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 6:22 am by Adminkunlex

» Asa Sings 'Fire On The Mountain' In Front Of Buhari At NNPC Relaunch
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 10:36 pm by Adminkunlex

» Simi Reacts As Female Fan Rocks Adekunle Gold On Stage In Uganda [Pics]
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 10:31 pm by Adminkunlex

» Banky W & Adesua Etomi Attend Mercy Chinwo's Wedding Event (Photos)
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 10:28 pm by Adminkunlex

» Burna Boy Meets Mia Mottley, The Prime Minister Of Barbados (Pics)
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 10:24 pm by Adminkunlex

» Waje – All Day ft. Tiwa Savage
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 6:54 am by Adminkunlex

» [Music] Adekunle Gold – 5 Star Mp3
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 6:52 am by Adminkunlex

» [Music] DJ Tunez – Already ft. Amexin
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 6:51 am by Adminkunlex

» [Music] Olakira – Polongo Mp3
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 6:50 am by Adminkunlex

» [Music] Chike – Hard To Find ft. Flavour Mp3
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 6:48 am by Adminkunlex

» [Music] Iyanya – Like ft. Davido & Kizz Daniel
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 6:47 am by Adminkunlex

» Java Game: LEGO Batman.jar
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 6:10 am by Adminkunlex

» Java Game: Lost Empire.jar
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 6:05 am by Adminkunlex

» Actor Uche Odoputa Weds In The UK (Photos)
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:51 pm by Adminkunlex

» Comedienne Princess Lays Heavy Curses On Yomi Fabiyi And Others
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:48 pm by Adminkunlex

» Tiwa Savage Bags Honorary Degree From The University Of Kent, UK (photos)
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:47 pm by Adminkunlex

Most Used Keywords

AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt

Go down

AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt Empty AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt

Post by Adminkunlex Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:36 am

The North African country got to keep the trophy permanently after winning it three times in a row, but the silverware has now been lost
The Africa Cup of Nations trophy retained by Egypt permanently after the Pharaohs won the title three times in a row has been lost, with former federation member Magdi Abdelghani explaining that the cup was destroyed in a fire
at the association's Cairo HQ in 2013.
Ex-Egyptian Football Association vice-president Ahmed Shobeir earlier revealed that the trophy
was discovered missing during preparations to build a museum to house all of the silverware won by the North African nation.
Former Fifa Board Member and Pharaohs great Abdelghani later confirmed that the cup was
one of several items of silverware that had been lost in a fire seven years ago.
"Officials of the committee which meets every five years and currently manages the Football
Association were surprised that the trophy was not available, in light of their desire to create a museum at the federation headquarters, which
would feature the trophy and the national team's kits," Shobeir said on the 'On Time Sports' TV show.
"However, [they] were surprised to find that the Afcon trophy was lost, and decided to open an investigation."
It was initially claimed that former captain Ahmed Hassan - who skippered the team to success at the biennial tournament in 2006,
2008 and 2010 - was in possession of the trophy, although he subsequently denied the claim.
"The committee searched for the trophy, but then an employee told them that Ahmed Hassan, the former captain of the Egyptian
national team, who won the cup three times in a row, has kept it," Shobeir added.
Later, ex-Egypt midfielder Abdelghani clarified in a press conference that the trophy had been lost in a fire seven years ago.
"After the burning of the Football Association headquarters, some cups were lost, and the matter was investigated," the former FA member began, "including the Africa Cup of Nations that we retained.
"Some said that the cup had been with Shawky Gharib, the former general coach of the Egypt national team, and some say it had been with Hassan, the former captain of the Pharaohs."
After learning of the trophy's disappearance, Hassan took to social media to express his dismay at the loss.
"I wish I had kept the cup in my house instead of it being lost," he posted on his @AhmedHassan Twitter handle, "and I am surprised that I'm being questioned about the cup after nine years, despite the presence of two FA boards, and the five-year committee for a year and two months...but they're only
now looking for the cup!
"One of the members of the five-year committee contacted me and told me that they would put a picture of me with the African Nations Cup on the wall inside the
federation," Hassan continued, "and he asked me about the cup.
"I told him that I had delivered it back in 2011, and he said to me: 'I wish you had not handed it over, as the cup is not at the association
now.'"
Egypt are the most successful country in the history of the Africa Cup of Nations, having won the trophy seven times since 1957. Their trio of consecutive successes between 2006 and 2010 is an unprecedented feat in the history of the African game.
https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/egypt-fa-confirm-loss-of-africa-cup-of-nations-trophy/kkwd8zfzfcq81ch9lefarmlt6?__twitter_impression=true
AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt 12269957_img20200904181943_jpegb7cf7deb4eacdb9826e811792d3584a5

Adminkunlex
Admin

https://kunlexloaded.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down